For more information please call 317-338-7282
School is a normal activity for children and adolescents. When a child is in the hospital, this experience can interrupt the normal pattern of schooling. The Hospital School Program at Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital at St. Vincent offers educational services to all school-age children, grades K-12. School services are offered by a certified teacher in small group or on an individual basis Monday through Friday, year-round. Lessons include core standards, classroom activities, classroom assessments and online resources.
If you have any questions about your child’s education, you can call the school program at 317-338-7282.
Goals of Hospital School
- Assist in making the hospital stay a positive event
- Provide educational activities for all patients, in the classroom or at bedside
- Maintain academic involvement with the patient’s home school and teachers
- Set up Homebound Services for those patients who cannot return to school upon discharge from the hospital
- Make the return back to school as easy as possible for the patient and family
How parents can help....
- Notifying their child’s teacher and school nurse to let them know about a school absence or hospitalization
- Bringing their child’s schoolbooks and assignments to the hospital as soon as possible
- Encouraging and supporting their child’s participation in the Hospital School Program
- Communicating any issues that may affect the child’s return to the classroom with the child’s school staff (teacher, school nurse, guidance counselor)
Ways to Give
I want to…