The developmental-behavioral pediatric team evaluates, counsels, provides treatment and care coordination for children and adolescents who have a wide range of developmental-behavior difficulties and their families.
Our team includes developmental-behavioral pediatricians, a psychologist, a nurse and knowledgeable office staff. Developmental-behavioral pediatricians understand the medical and psychosocial aspects of the developmental and behavioral difficulties of children and adolescents. These physicians also have knowledge and expertise to treat children with neurodevelopmental disorders. Our psychologist has extensive training and expertise in developmental-behavioral pediatrics, including assessment and behavioral intervention strategies. The developmental-behavioral pediatric team works collaboratively with professionals who provide associated aspects of care, including speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, neurologists and psychiatrists. The team advocates for patients and families by working closely with schools, preschools and other agencies involved with pediatric development and education.
This team specializes in:
- Developmental delay and atypical development in areas of speech/language, motor skills and cognitive ability
- Learning difficulties
- Attention and behavioral disorders including ADHD and associated conditions
- Neurodevelopmental disabilities including autism spectrum disorder and intellectual disabilities
- Regulatory disorders including sleep disorders, feeding problems, discipline difficulties and complicated toilet-training issues
- Behavioral challenges , especially for children with developmental disorders
I want to…