To make an appointment call 317-415-8100
St.Vincent Women’s Hospital, Specialty Center in Indianapolis, is home to a premier Maternal Fetal Medicine practice that works closely with Indiana OB/GYN physicians. Whenever possible, we aim to coordinate care close to home.
The Fetal Medicine Foundation certifies the St.Vincent MFM unit for its first trimester screening which utilizes a highly specialized ultrasound technique combined with the advanced fetal ultrasound training of our physicians and ultrasound sonographers.
The American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM), a multidisciplinary association dedicated to advancing the safe and effective use of ultrasound in medicine, certifies the St.Vincent MFM Unit, recognizing the advanced training of the MFM staff.
Maternal Fetal Medicine Team
The patient experience at St.Vincent emphasizes coordinated care and a strong prenatal plan to prepare for the birth, develop safeguards for mother and child, and create the necessary medical follow-up with pediatric and medical specialists. Team members include:
- Board-certified MFM physician specialist who is also a board-certified OB/GYN physician. Some of our physicians are also registered medical sonographers, certified by the Fetal Medicine Foundation/ARDMS.
- Genetic Counselors, certified by the American Board of Genetic Counselors
- Ultrasound sonographers, certified by AIUM, FMF
- Perinatal clinical nurse specialists
- Registered nurses specialized in high-risk pregnancies and women’s health who also serve as nurse navigators for the coordination of care
Maternal Fetal Medicine Physicians
Maternal Fetal Medicine Staff
- Nancy Cangany, Genetic Counselor
- Jennifer Dickerson, Genetic Counselor
- Rosie Groves, BSN, RN, Practice Manager
- Alison Hanlon, MSN, RDMS
- Beth Hineman, RDMS, RVT, RT ( R )
- Cathy Johnson, RN
- Jill Morson, RT ( R ), RDMS, RVT
- Amy Pressnall, RT, RDMS
- Amanda Robinson, RT, RDMS
- Lindsey Shebuski, RT, RDMS
St.Vincent’s ONE Call MFM Response Team
To the expectant mother – always call 911 for a medical emergency.
Your primary care OB is the one who will initiate the ONE Call response and transportation arrangements for you to a St.Vincent Hospital or St.Vincent Women’s Hospital, in Indianapolis.
Our MFM Response Team is ready and making the preparations for your arrival. Our MFM attending physicians and nurses have access to advanced care and treatment for high-risk women and fetal concerns. At all times, we focus on both the maternal needs and the needs of the unborn child and will embrace a holistic approach to health – caring for body, mind and spirit.
Maternal Fetal Medicine
I want to…